Live Racing...

Simon Swarbrick
I am off to Brands Hatch today to watch Club Car Championships, I am lucky that I am surrounded by race circuits, Brands Hatch being about 50 minutes away, Lydden Hill being about 30 minutes away, Coombe Valley banger racing track being 20 minutes away, Arena Essex (dirt oval track) being about an hour away, so ever since I was a teenager (some 36yrs ago now) I have been to them all and watch so many different types of motorsports over the years and have loved every single minute of it...

Do you live near any race tracks, or do you frequent a certain race track, and what motorsports do you usually go to watch?

Re: Live Racing...

Steve Settanta
I live 5 kms near Monza.
I still remaind the wonderful 500 kms (touring cars) and 1000 kms (group C) that I attended when I was young. They were the years of the Volvo 244, BMW M3, BMW 635, Jaguar XJR and Porsche 962...
Sometimes I reached the circuit on bike and during the race I moved through the circuit to see different turns (Lesmo, Ascari,Parabolica). The paddock were always open and you got free access to see the "rear" of the boxes.
Since we are talking about, how about to organise a GTPC MOD season on the site? :)

Re: Live Racing...

Simon Swarbrick
GTPC? Can you show me a link where I can find the mod Steve...

Re: Live Racing...

Steve Settanta
here you can find the MOD:

http://www.virtualr.net/gtpc-rfactor-1-0-released

here you find the upgrade to the 2.1 version:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=44177

Re: Live Racing...

Ed Jones
Growing up in the States I fell in love with local short track racing, ovals from 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile mostly. There are some great tracks close by where I live to watch awesome short track racing. Everything from Late Models on asphalt to sprint cars and modifieds on dirt. While not world famous,  tracks like Angell Park Speedway (dirt), Madison International, Jefferson Speedway, Slinger Speedway, and other asphalt tracks have great racing every weekend  throughout the summer. The closest I've came to big time races were at the Milwaukee Mile when I went to see the Nascar Truck Series there, and at Road America for some races there such as the Pirelli World Challenge series. The Indy cars are racing at Road America now and I may go see them this year if I can.